Friday, April 24, 2009

Sleeping through the night

Julianna’s grandpa was here for her birthday… it was very nice to have him over.
He was able to spend some time with Julianna and I think they bonded very well. Julianna keep saying that she misses him.
Ken left a present on his bed before he left and the next morning, she founded and said that it was very sweet of him.

While Julianna is getting a lot easier, Alessandra is getting harder. She wants to see everything, touch everything and on top of that, she started walking last week so she wants to go everywhere.

Tonight will be the third night that we are “retraining” Alessandra to sleep through the night. She was doing very well, only waking up at 5am for a feeding. But then, she started teething. I was worried that she was in pain so I started feeding at night. Since I was very tired, I kept bringing her to sleep with me and … one day after the other… she got used to that and was waking up 3 times during the night.
I started the pick up and put down system … with the “Baby Whisperer” book. The last 2 days was brutal and I am hoping that today, she will start learning how to soothe herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment